Friday, May 4, 2012

Singing in the Rain

3 hours of class this morning again. SO ROUGH. Luckily, that was all we had left to do. I have been really wanting to go get Indian food so was planning on going there for lunch but turns out a group is going tomorrow for dinner so I will go then. Instead, I went back to Borough Market with Paige and Trent! I had to go back for that amazing hot chocolate. I also got raspberries again to snack on at the center :) Then the main act... an Ostrich burger!!! I have heard they are so good and wanted to try it! I looked all over this market to find it and finally did. I was so happy. They also had zebra, kangaroo and gator- craziness! It was NOT like chicken (like Simone made fun of us Americans for saying in Africa) but like really flavorful beef :)



After the market, headed back to the Centre to start making a little dent in the huge homework load. Luckily we have a long long ride up to Brighton tomorrow!

After dinner (which I hardly ate, the market filled me up!), I booked it with a group to try to score some last minute tickets to a show down in Oxford Circus area. Our top choice was Singing in the Rain but we were flexible. Turns out they had 6 cheap good seats left! 3 in the FRONT ROW and 3 a few rows back on the other side for just 25 pounds.

On the way to get the tickets the tube ride was quite funny I might add. Some Britts asked us where we were from and in response to Brigham Young University they mocked us and said, "So the university of LIKE." Apparently we subconsciously say "like" like ALOT.

After scoring the tickets I navigated us to Ben's Cookies. I guess it was so good last night that I couldnt get enough. Then the musical!!

We switched spots half way through and it was the best of both worlds-- we drew for the front row tickets the first half since thats when you get splashed and really wet when it rains and I got those. We got really wet! It was awesome being so close and since the orchestra was up above the stage we just had 3 steps then everyone dancing!! But it was nice sitting back a little more the second half so that I could see the whole stage. Everything worked out great as well because at the end they did an encore to Singing in the Rain and it started raining again so the other 3 could get wet too. It was really a cute fun musical! :)





Now I need to get to sleep. Its already 1 a.m. and this blogging everyday is really going to catch up with me. Leaving at 7:45 tomorrow for Brighton and Canterbury!! :) Oh, and Paris next week!! :)

2 comments:

  1. So jealous! Now you have seen shows I haven't seen! I had no idea you got wet during the show! Do they have a wet zone like at sea world so you know if you will get wet or not? Have a fun road trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, we knew we were getting wet and were so excited :)

      Delete