Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mummy's Day!

So I am calling this Mummy's day instead of Mother's day because I am in England! However, disclaimer: their Mother's day is in March. I learned this at church today when there wasn't any announcements or flowers/chocolate being handed out to the Mom's!

Church was great though. The missionaries sang a musical number to Come Thou Font, which like I said last Sunday- is one of my favorites! The speakers were good as well. Then nursery was a blast! I gave a quick little lesson on sharing, had snack time and played with them. I also taught them the hand motions to Popcorn Popping and how to jump up when they sing Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam. They also love If You Are Happy and You Know It Clap Your Hands and Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes. This totally reminds me of playing and singing with the orphans back in Rwanda. I have been thinking about them a lot lately and miss them and want to go back SO SO SO bad.

After church I took a nap though and listened to some audio book chapters of Sense and Sensibility. Still trying to recover from Paris!!

Then I got to Skype my Mummy! It was so good seeing here and getting to talk to her even if it was for just a little bit! It really is hard with the time differences and church schedules but if I eat dinner really fast, I can catch her before church. So hopefully the rest of the fam is treating her good since I am not their to supervise haha! I sent her a little something something in the mail but its not there yet- go figure. Hopefully it will be soon though!




Well thats it for today. Its only 7 so something exciting COULD happen but I have a fair prediction- reading, sleeping, more reading and more sleeping. But mostly just wanted to do a short post and shout out for my Mom! Love her so much and am so thankful for everything she does for me and for being such a great Mom! Love and miss you!

1 comment:

  1. Love you too darlin! I love that photo on our safari where you are sleeping right next to my butt! Good times for sure!

    ReplyDelete