For our London walks class we have to do some optional walks and for our other classes we had a site assignment for the British Library so we got a walk that went by the Library so we could get both of those done. The British Library had a lot of big collections. We got to see Jane Eyre's writing desk and notebook, Shakespeare's folio, Da Vinci's sketchbook, music from Beethoven, Mozart, and Handel, the Magna Carta, Beatles originally lyrics, old Bibles and so much more!


Then we continued our long day of adventure to Kings Cross Station. Before seeing this, however, we ran into St. Pancreas hotel and train station all geared up for the Olympics. It was very beautiful and huge!
Then checking off my bucket list: Platform 9 3/4. This is the famous site at Kings Cross where Harry Potter goes through to catch the Hogwarts Express. I am so glad I finally got my letter. I always knew I was a little different and am glad to know that I am no regular muggle ;)
Since I skipped lunch, we had an early dinner. We went to this "Man Eats Chicken" place called Nandos which people loved and recommended. It lived up to its reputation :)
We really were maniacs today checking stuff of our list because then we walked across London to see Buckingham Palace and some guards there. I wanted to make one laugh so bad, but I got one to turn his head to look at me a few times. No laugh, but I will take it.
Buckingham Palace was huge and beautiful. I even made sure to throw a pence in the fountain and make a wish. Two actually :)
Then we saw the gardens around the palace. They were beautiful. I also scored this awesome picture of zoombie squirrel.
Then we were hungry again so walked around for a bit looking at all the buildings, Big Ben again and Traflagar Square.
We finally called it a night and took the tube back to the other part of London and got dessert at a pub near by where Ginny Weasley often stops by. Must have just missed her! ;)
Overall, today was crazy! My legs are numb! We saw so much and checked many things off of our list. Madeline and I were also checking people out due to her bucket list. On her life long bucket list she has the goal to kiss someone random and where is better than a foreign country where you will never see them again? So as we were walking we would hypothetically say something like 15 pounds, 80 pounds, or whatever price you would kiss that person for. We also said a lot of "Your Team" which means not all the money in the world would make that happen. It was pretty funny though!
Still have so much I want to check off my list though. A few more Harry Potter sites, plays, and sites. I think I am going to try to do a park and Abbey road tomorrow but we will see :)
Another rough 3 hours of class then free till dinner and PHANTOM afterwards. Feel like I haven't seen a play in forever because of last week when we had one every night. It will be interesting to compare this one with Les Mis since I have seen them both so close together.
Well its 12:30 and I would like to get to bed before 1 if at all possible. Sorry for my horrible, half-asleep blog posts, these really are just for me personally. So as long as I can remember all these amazing experiences, I am happy! Thats why I make it such a priority to blog each day no matter how tired I am. However, being in 3 hours of class and site seeing non-stop on top of getting no sleep, it is starting to catch up with me.

No comments:
Post a Comment