Thursday, May 17, 2012

Bath Time!

What a day!! Any day that you have to take a Coach is automatically going to be an adventure I have discovered, and today definitely was! We started our day with some Jane Austen sights! Her home and gardens. I even made a little yummy smelly lavender bag! I found a few other people that weren't die hard fanatic Jane Austen fans to hang out with so I didn't have to act like a pretender. Don't get me wrong, I think she is great and all but there are a lot of people on this program that are obsessed with her. Lets put this in perspective... them to Jane Austen is like me to T Swift. Comparison made.




Then we went to Stourhead gardens where a scene from Pride and Prejudice was shot. Again, not the biggest Jane Austen fan but definitely a huge Stourhead fan now. These gardens were beautiful!! A lot different then the other gardens though. These are the gardens symbolic of the era of Romanticism so are more wild and free looking, and despite being planned out, appear not to be. We found the pavilion where the scene was shoot as well as strolled along the lake- it was truly breathtaking. We got some ice-cream after. It was so good! I had 2 cones :) P.S. at lunch there we tried this Rhubarb crumble and it was gross. I thought I liked Rhubard cuz of cobblers and pies I have had but this stuff looked like a gross vegetable... then I realized it WAS a vegetable.






Then we got BACK in the coach and headed to Bath!! I LOVED this as well. It was cool seeing the Roman influences there and made me excited to go to Italy (although Venice is way different..still). We got to see the bath there, and the hot springs, and learn all about how they wrote cruses to the gods in the sacred springs and threw in coins to make our own wishes :)



At the end of the museum there was a spout with some of the Bath water full of all its minerals and such! I tried some and it wasn't bad until I had the after taste in my mouth 15 minutes later haha 


 We then were able to wander the streets a little and see the Royal Crescent and grab something to eat at a cafe and then back on the bus.


Got some of the massive reading load done there but still more to do tonight. This reading is getting me burned out!! But luckily Paige and I had some good tunes going- I can't even express how much I love my country music, especially when driving out in the English country side :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you didn't take an Elizabeth crushing Mr. Darcy picture! You stood in the very spot! Oh my goodness, I'm having a minor heart attack haha

    ReplyDelete