We started with St. Chapelle a little before 9. We stood in a line and wondered why when we walked into the lower chapel. Then we went up stairs and saw why!! The stain glass was phenomenal! I loved all the detailed scenes and how there was clearly one showing The Creation, Adam and Eve, and Cain and Abel. I also concluded today I love this round windows (refer to Notre Dame later) with stain glass. They remind me of the Mandalas we color each year on our Sunriver trip :)
Next we went to La Conciergerie which was a place and prison. Not so much palace though (after seeing Hampton court and Brighton Pavillion). We did see some jail cells, including a recreation of Marie Anntoneitte's as well.
Then we went to Notre Dame. Another surreal moment. Like am I really here?
After seeing Notre Dame we headed to get better crepes, according to word in the the program. So we found the stand and I tried nutella, banana and almond... So so so good.
We then headed to the Latin Quarter and saw a bunch of cute streets and shops. I was really wanting to get a little something from Paris since I love it so much but don't want some little knick knack. Unfortunately, my white watch broke and so when I saw this cheap and cute Paris watch I had to get it. Hopefully it still works when I get back home :)
After the Latin Quarter, the sun came out and it was BEAUTIFUL. Especially at Luxembourg gardens. I sat on this fountain looking at little ducks for about half an hour. Little did I know, that would be my only sitting for the day! It turns out we all even got a little sun there today which I always welcome :)
Then we found the Pantheon. Another cool building so to keep these all straight. This one has kind of the coolest crypt I have seen yet. Plus, got to give your condolences to the awesome Curie's and Victor Hugo who are buried there.
Speaking of burials, Napoleon's tomb at the Hotel de les Invalides... OVER THE TOP. This huge building and chapel behind it, with these amazing ceilings with a big balcony thing over looking the floor below with this huge tomb in the center. A little much maybe?!
Then we were drained by the time we got to the Musse d' Orsay but it was still so cool because it was in this old train station. It was really cool seeing Degas and his dance collection, as well as Monet and Van Gough's work! Way better than Modern Art for sure but still rushed through this one a bit cuz we were exhausted and wanted to find dinner before we were lost and it was late like last night.
We found this Bistro for dinner and I finally accepted the fact no food here comes under 20 euros unless its a crepe. So here is my first real meal. I had Royal Risotto and it was delicious!!! I now understand why people brag about the food here! I also had this strawberry, cookie, whip cream thing for dessert which was also great :)
So last day in Paris tomorrow. Love love love this place and want to go back eventually. But tomorrow night I will be back in another city I love and thats starting to feel like home, London :) Wish me luck trying to do the Louvre, Versailles and Sacre- Coure all tomorrow!!









No comments:
Post a Comment