So today we had another site visit and were going to Westminster Abbey and getting off the tube this was what I got to see! My Boyfriend Ben! I literally love Big Ben... he is my fav :) Also, crazy how little security they had around parliament. Kind of another funny contrast with the States and our Capitol!
Couldn't get enough of Big Ben :) He is my boy! I plan on getting even more pictures there... I hear there is a PHONEBOOTH with BIG BEN in the background. I might just make a photoshoot trip out of this set up here ;)
So for lunch we went back to Waffle Palace by the center to try an actual waffle. I got strawberries with white chocolate and it was HEAVEN.
Then we had afternoon class. Not only was it afternoon class, which is hard enough as it is, but it was THREE HOURS OF CLASS. Luckily Paige was next to me FB stalking and I had genius doodle ideas :)
So after class, today became my favorite day for two main reasons...
1.) DINNER: at the Centre we had ribs! Yummy to my tummy sweet ribs! I had 10 bones worth so pretty much a whole rack. Delicious.
2.) MORE BROADWAY and more specially, LES MIS. I thought my favorite musical was a 3-way tie with Phantom, Wicked and Les Mis but tonights performance was so spectacular (spectacular? interesting word choice Kennedy, especially thinking of saying it in a British accent) I think it is my official favorite. It was just so powerful and moving. I literally had chills turning every song and teared up at the end of the show because I didn't want it to end. But luckily I got a little mini poster for five pounds to add to my collection. I have gotten the nicer, but much pricier, signed posters from all my favorites (Wicked and Phantom) and they didn't have a poster when I saw Les Mis this last summer but I got a similarish one tonight :) Also, its kinda frustrating because I can't pick a favorite song. Like with Lion King, I posted He Lives In You video on Facebook with my status. With Les Mis, I couldn't even eliminate a single song I feel like- so no video with that status update!! One song that stuck out more than last time for me though is One More Day, so I made a lyric from that my title. But yes, love the music, love the story line. I couldn't help but saying, "That was so good!" after the play over and over and over again. I also realized its really hard to contain my excitement in the middle of Broadway plays because I want to jam out and get into it sooo bad... guess that can wait for country concert season :)
Here are me and some of the boys in our matching leather jackets. We are in a gang. Hard core tube riding gang.
]





Les Mis is also your Dady's all-time fav Broadway play. It takes top spot because it has the story (Mercy vs Justice, very spiritual) and it has awesome music "Bring Him Home" is unbelievable. I want to go take a shower right now so I can belt it out! Glad you are enjoying yourself and learnin new things
ReplyDelete