Saturday, May 19, 2012

Helloooo Portebollooooo!

Shop till you drop. Or walk till you drop is kind of todays theme. I realized on this trip I am quite frugal but I got permission to buy a dress from my Mom so today was kind of my shopping spree day. After I got to see my crush.

We started this morning touring the Houses of Parliament and you know what that means... seeing my lover boy Big Ben!! It was really neat seeing and learning more about their government and seeing how alike it really is to ours in aspects of checks and balances (besides the whole figurehead Queen thing and funny traditional rituals).


After I went to the famously iconic phone booth with Big Ben in the background though! I was probably the trillionth person to take a picture with it! We also had some funny street people like silver spray painted cowboys and Jack Sparrow jump in some pictures then chase us down for money afterwards haha!



Then I went with a group to Portobello market! Loved this place as well. Less food then borough (which is all food) but still great with even more knick knacks :) I was able to bust out some souvenirs there too so now I have officially at least a little something for everyone in the fam! For the girls and Mom I got 5 things, so I get to decide what to give everyone and what to keep for myself... decisions! decisions!




After that I headed back to the center to drop off some bags, and the group I was with at Portebello to work on their papers that were due that night at midnight. Then I picked up Eliza and Alex who are great shopping buddies and went on the dress hunt! I found this dress at this one store that I didn't remember that I was destined to go back and try on. I saw it before when we went on the walk Among The Scholars to the British Library. So I found the tube stop we started the walk off and lead us blindly to the store somehow (also managed to get Ben's cookies on the way with ice-cream and then a box of seven for myself tomorrow and my nursery class to celebrate).

So... I found the dresses. They were still there, but limited in sizes for all the colors. I ended up getting a  coral color one that is loose enough to not highlight the pudge too much without losing my figure. Eliza and Alex were great and very helpful with their honest opinions and I am very happy with my final pick :) Can't wait to wear it tomorrow!!

Then I had to go home to work on my paper and since they did theres while I was at Portebello, I took the tube home solo while they kept shopping. I was so proud of myself, even with the 3 transfers and closed lines I made it. I think that really shows how I am starting to get comfy here and really love it. On the way to our Say Yes to the Dress experience, we ran into some boys that started talking to us from a small school in California that are here for study abroad also. They like just got here and it was weird to say, hey.. we really have lived here a month. This really is becoming such a great experience but its also hard being away from home. Especially with my birthday, which also is on a Sunday... but I am in London still regardless so I am sure it will be great :) 40 minutes until I'm 19 but we all know thats a little off from Memphis time so Shhhhhh! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment