Another crazy yet wonderful day in Paris! And when I say
crazy, I mean CRAZY! For example, let’s take the Louvre this morning! We went
there after we went as a group to the Eurostar to put our bags in lockers.
Because of Versailles and everything else to do, we took the “walk, stop and
snap” method and just ran around to see the big stuff! I really liked the
sculptures best J
Especially, Winged Victory, which is my Momma’s favorite so maybe it’s in my
blood! The Mona Lisa was interesting as well, and was a huge mosh pit in front
of it. It was worse then the standing only Eric Church concert! Possibly a
little over rated but still had to see it, and still thought it was amazing and
so surreal. So in conclusion, we were “Maniacs! Maniacs! In the Louvre” and did
that in like 2 hours!






Then we took the bus to Versailles! I was really looking forward to this and had very high expectations and what can I say?! They meet them! The Palace was extraordinary and over the top. The marble, walls, everything! Especially the ceilings, I thought one of the coolest things in the Louvre was the ceiling art but Versailles blew that out of the water. Also blew Hampton Court out of the water as well (and I LOVED that so that said something) and some parts of Brighton Pavilion (but not that dragon chandelier). Speaking of chandeliers, my favorite room in the Palace had to be the one with all the mirrors, chandeliers, and looking over the beautiful gardens!





Then we took the bus to Versailles! I was really looking forward to this and had very high expectations and what can I say?! They meet them! The Palace was extraordinary and over the top. The marble, walls, everything! Especially the ceilings, I thought one of the coolest things in the Louvre was the ceiling art but Versailles blew that out of the water. Also blew Hampton Court out of the water as well (and I LOVED that so that said something) and some parts of Brighton Pavilion (but not that dragon chandelier). Speaking of chandeliers, my favorite room in the Palace had to be the one with all the mirrors, chandeliers, and looking over the beautiful gardens!
Then we head out to the gardens. Also another overwhelming
overtakes for three very exhausted girls (I spent today with Whitney and
Amanda- they are also just great!). It
was not as nice as yesterday and started sprinkling right when we walked out
but it luckily didn’t last more than a few minutes, then it cleared up and got
progressively better.


The highlight besides the overall sight of the whole thing
as a whole had to be Marie Antoinette’s cottages. My Mom also heavily
recommended this site so we looked and looked to find it. It took FOREVER since
they were huge and our French speaking directions were not that good. But we
rented bikes and I was on the Tandem with Whitney (took a while to get it
figured out haha) and Amanda was on the single and road there. Once we finally
found it, it was totally worth it. So worth it, we spent a while there. With
that and getting lost, and bike issues, our “30 min rental” turned into an
hour. Luckily, we realized our chain broke on the bike and it still worked if I
peddled in the back while Whitney steered. We also got to use that as an excuse
for being back late and still were only charged for the half hour!
Then we headed back to Paris. I really wanted to see Sacre-Coure really bad and heard it was beautiful but we would have been cutting it really close because we only had a little over an hour to get back to the station to get back to London. So we decided to go to the Moulin Rogue instead because lets be honest, that’s my favorite movie, I have been taking clips ALL 2 and a half day in Paris (and by ALL, I mean ALL. We did so much) for an Elephant Love Medley music video, and I wanted to see that from the view anyways. Plus, not seeing it gives me an excuse to come back eh? ;)
We also grabbed a bite to eat since we went all day without anything (see!! We ARE hardcore tourists) next to the Moulin Rogue and then decided to head back to the train before it started getting sketch over there! Ha!
Then got two more stamps in my passport and came back to London. I feel like these 2 and a half weeks have been forever. I really feel like I live in London and start to understand it. And taking the tube again! That heavenly, heavenly tube! Paris metros are the worst!
I also came back to 16 letters J All the girls here seem to have a boyfriend, fiancé, or missionary they are writing and finally I got to be the one with all the mail. My family is literally the best ever. I got a birthday card with 15 other cards with reasons why different members of my family love me! It was the sweetest thing ever. So sweet, it made my day (despite all the other things I saw)! Each card also had a puzzle piece in it that I am trying to put together to see what is waiting on me at home…. Hmmmm J Looks like jewelry of some sort…. People here are guessing diamond studs. Guess we will just have to see J
Love my family. Love Paris. Love London. Love Life.



It is so fun seeing you in all the same photo spots that we took our pictures in while there just a few years ago!!!! It makes me so happy to see that you are taking advantage of it all and expanding your horizons!
ReplyDelete