Sunday, January 29, 2012

I Welcome the Weekend

So I gave my self a nice break this weekend! That is, if you don't count going into open lab to study off of cadavers for an hour! (Side note: I am doing ok with the cadavers, I just have to be like this is science... not a person... which I know is the wrong attitude to have but it keeps me from passing out ok? It works)
So Friday I went to the swim meet which was way fun. My mom swam butterfly (the ox) and her whole side of the family is big on swimming so it was cool to actually see a meet. I definitely have never seen so much skin on BYU campus before though. Holy speedos! haha

After the meet it was a very well needed trip to the creamery. Love their ice-cream and love their fries. After that it was crash time and I was getting back into my new loved series of Desperate Housewives. Yet then we got invited to go the lobby with a bunch of people from our ward and such to play games. It was fun, we played this game werewolf which is like a more complex version of mafia. I was a Mason so I was like a villager trying to kill the werewolves and witches but had a team I was aware of. I even won! With one werewolf left and two villagers we killed the final werewolf!

Then Saturday morning I went with Alyssa and my friend back from Kentucky, Lauren Facer to check out my Dad's condo for next year. I was pretty sure I wanted to live there but wanted to go just to make sure. I loved it even more after seeing it the third time and can't wait to get off campus. I think I even picked out what room I want and everything.

Then open lab for anatomy. There was a cute and really nice T.A. there and he helped me and Lauren clean up on our flexor side of muscles on the forearm and the face muscle (he helped us distinguish your smiling muscle from your kissing muscle haha).

Then I swear I had productive intentions but after getting back and showering (I feel gross after working with cadavers and arm specimen) I just plopped into bed and didn't want to get ready or do anything. Yay for more desperate housewives hah! Then we had our relief society sleepover full of food, dance central and boy talk. Being deprived of sleepovers I guess I went hard core (at least until 4:30 in the morning!) and was one of the last 3 standing. Yet I guess you could say we were all party poppers and ended up sleeping in our own beds :)

So now after an enjoyable weekend, its time to buckle down, kick butt, and await the next one.
:)

3 comments:

  1. I love reading about all your goings on at BYU!
    What wonderful memories you are keeping.
    We miss you and need to get you up here soon!
    I hope I can drive, but not sure when it is going to happen with this big sling on my arm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean they didn't have special BYU speedos that came down to their knees? What kind of place have we sent you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am kinda addicted to Desperate Housewives, too...They have all 7 seasons on netflix...unfortunately...haha. Sam(my husband) caught a girl who fainted the first time the worked on cadavers in med school...he said the smell is disgusting...so kudos to you! Sounds like afun weekend! Keep on partyin'! :D

    ReplyDelete