Saturday, January 14, 2012

New Semester!

So it was the first day of class so I had to look kinda cute so I could take a first day of school picture. Although I don't get a break because of having different classes all week so got to look cute technically like 4 days... what a pain. However here is my first impression of all my classes now that I have had them all and week one is done:

Dance 290= should be really good! Won't be hard but hopefully not really boring. It is accelerated ballet technique so I am hoping they move fast but if not I will at least be dancing again and can really focus on my own technique and the little things. My teacher seems awesome and remembered my name the first day so even used me as an example so I guess that is a good start! Since then I have been used as a legit dancing example so that kinda always makes me day and at the same time I really am brushing up on the easy stuff which will make me a better dance teacher :)

Chem 285 (Bio-Organic Chem) = this class is going to be killer and daily. My professor seems nice and funny. Not as nerdy funny as my last one but hopefully he makes this class survivable. An example is he said we need to "exercise a particle of faith" that this class can be fun! haha I have started recording his lectures as a voice memo on my ipod so hopefully that will help too. It was going great at first but now I am started to get a little lost.... I hate science.

Writing 150= My professor reminds me kind of of my freshmen writing teacher from high school Mr. Cate. We had a rush write to a quote about saying in a world with no absolute there are only opinions. Really got me thinking. Also unlike my other two classes (girls, girls and more girls) there is actually guys in this class and even some RM's!!! Also, its only like 17 people so I am hoping to make a lot of new friends in there and I feel like I kinda already have :)

PDBio220- Human Anatomy= I really think I will really enjoy this science a lot more then the chemistries I have to take. However our professor said it is one of the most demanding classes at BYU and very time consuming so keep me in your prayers because it truly is. I also have a 2 hour lab on Tuesday nights on top of my two hours of lecture a week. We have regular Lecture multiple choice midterms like all our other classes but in addition we have a lab test every week where we have to cram cram cram over a hundred terms and then the next week randomly identify 10 of them and spell them CORRECTLY. It is crazy, yet somehow so enjoyable because once I start getting the terms down, I feel so smart and accomplished. Also my friend Lauren Facer from Kentucky is in that class so I sit with her! Small world!

Book of Mormon= really like this professor too. He gave us great advice for when reading our scriptures and getting distracted. He said take what is distracting you and what your mind wanders to and go back and read with that in mind looking for insight. His class is a lot of self report (pre-reading, attendance, discussion forum posts, etc.) so a lot of daily things to do online but other than that should be a breeze so I can just enjoy the class!

Nursing 180= y preview of Nursing class is such a breeze. I know I want to be a nurse ok? It's in my patriarchal blessing, I spent over 80 hours volunteering at the hospital and over 2 weeks on a medical mission but ok... I will still get up at 8 am every Tuesday so I can preview this career for two hours.... Sorry, do I sound a little bitter? haha I am for sure not a morning person. Especially when I have a Tuesday schedule that is go go go. Nursing for 2 hours, 1 hour break, hour devotional, hour chem, hour bom, hour anatomy, 1 hour break, 2 hour anatomy lab. I am on campus 8 am until 6 pm and it is horrible. However nursing is just a pass/fail preview pre req and is a block class so only half the semester and so that means I only have to get up for this class 7 more times :)

Also, I have even one more class! However like my Nursing Preview, it is a block class so it will pick up when that one stops and its my London prep class :) Can't wait to go study in London! Still hasn't really hit me but ordering my airfare is kinda helping it start to sink in! Ahhhhh!

So that was my first week of classes. Gonna be a long and hard one but I apply for Nursing program this Februrary so it is crunch time. I feel really overwhelmed at some times but other times I realize how bad I want this and know I can do it.

So enough talk about school (I apparently also talk about school, grades, etc.) let's talk about the weekends! So classes started Wednesday so half way through my technical first week I went up to Salt Lake on trax on Friday after class and Grandma, Grandpa and Blake picked me up and took me to a Jazz game and totally spoiled me! Dinner, a drink, and a frozen yogurt creation at half time. We were playing the Memphis Grizzles so I felt a little torn since it was Memphis but still cheered for the Jazz who won in a very exciting close game. We also spotted President Monson in a suite booth, it was way cool stalking him! :)

Then the next morning we went to Ryder's baptism which was the main cause for coming up to Salt Lake as soon as I got back to Utah. It is so nice being close enough to go to all the extended family events like this! After we went to Jolie's and had delicious home made Cafe Rio. Then grandma was sweet enough to go and take me all the way back to Provo (and grocery shopping there) so I could attend my own ward that Sunday, being the first Sunday back.

HOWEVER, it wasn't the best arrangment it turned out. After a fun night of seeing a 24 hour theater performance (12 hours to write scripts and 12 hours to perform them before show), getting in-n-out and animal fries (which I spilled all over myself- totally embarrassingly hilarious) and the most amazing gourmet cupcakes... it was all great.

It was all great until the next morning when I woke up dry heaving and then throwing up as soon as I got liquid in me. So yes, I had my Grandma drive me all the way down to Provo so I could stay home from church and puke all by myself. Sad day.

 However felt better the next day so I could resume my last first few days of new classes, such as my dreaded Tuesday. I also even had a little fun! I went with Alyssa, Nick and Amy to the mall for moral support for Amy to get her ear pierced. What a rebel. Me and Alyssa were just having fun messing around with all the stuff in Claire's. Alyssa even bought a fake upper earring but then lost it. I told her that was God's of telling her not to even look like like a rebel haha! Also went to my friend Karina's birthday dinner at Brick Oven, which was so nice and enjoyable with good company. Loved it.

So now my first week has been officially completed and I got a grasp of this new semester. It will be very hard but very worth it. Now its weekend number two and yes, I am back in Salt Lake. It was time to do laundry again, well not really (but that is always a good reason haha). We actually have Landon and Mikes farewells up in Kaysville so right now I'm staying at Grandma C.C.'s who has kindly let me and Alyssa borrow her car so we can go up there maybe both tonight (for Mike's dinner) and tomorrow (for both their churches and then Landon's lunch). So should be good!

And P.s. I got a new cell phone so sorry for the last 3 all cell phone quality pics mom but at least they are pictures, that is a start :) Times like these make an iphone sound nice don't they.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment