For finals week, I made a massive study schedule. Literally every hour my day was planned out with what content from which subject to when I would eat and sleep and take breaks, attend ward activities, etc. Being type A this helped me actually have time to study instead of just stressing out about when I would get it all done!
I also got creative with some of my studying. I made little icicles with notecards and dental floss for all the amendments, bill of rights, rich people to know and market weaknesses for American heritage and little posters on my ceiling for Human Development. Making the icicles made me realize how hard it is to cut things into thirds, I just can't get 3 even pieces! I always cut cards into halves to save notecards but I use so much I had to start being a little more frugal.
Finals went great though! Aced Book of Mormon (98%) and Human Development (96%) and for American Heritage I got (86%) which I was really proud of. Chemistry was a huge stressor as it was a third of my grade and I felt really good about it. My score wasn't where I was expecting it to be but it was above class average and nationally in like the 97th percentile. Bummer I ended up with a B in that class. Nutrition was my last final and I was totally checked out and burned out but did pretty good on that and got 84%. So I was so happy to finally be down with studying for finals! I ended up with 3.6 GPA which I am proud of. I was shooting for a more friendly curve in some of my classes but I did my best and that is all you can do right?
Then being the end of the semester and being in the dorms with premies, it was our last FHE together with this group. We got 3 of our boys going on missions. Mike is going to Brazil, Joe is going to Russia and Landon is going to Thaliand. It has been a fun semester and I wish these boys the best of lucks on their missions and can't wait to see what next semester's FHE group will bring :)
Then before my flight home and after I was done with finals I had a day and a half of a lame duck period so Grandma came and got me so I could go see my cousins cute dance recital! I got to see my Pruden cousin's (Brittany's girls) dance and they all were so cute. Their studio's costuming was adorable. Then little Isaac is just the cutest happiest baby boy ever!
That night Grandpa ended up in the hospital but luckily got to come home that night so was home for Christmas. So Grandma and I picked up some delicious chinese take out and then Grandpa's bishop brought him home.
Then on our way to the airport we got to stop and see Morgan cheerlead! It was the coolest thing ever. This dance/cheer studio has these competitive cheer squads and one just for girls with down syndrome. It was so awesome seeing Morgan up there perform and shine and on the way out to head to the airport we ran into her and got to take a quick picture.
It was fun to have a little time in Salt Lake with some of the extended family before heading home for the holidays.








No comments:
Post a Comment