So since getting accepted into the nursing program... it has all just been so much fun! Which is why I am so behind on my blog because inside of blogging during my study breaks I have been out having fun!!! And then the whole studying thing is pretty much non-existent which is so weird for me and will be hard going back to next semester. So of course lets skip to Thanksgiving when I got to see my beautiful family and meet them at the airport in Salt Lake. I was very anxious got there early and was so done with the whole waiting thing.
It was fun hanging out with them, eating a lovely thanksgiving feast, watching movies (We saw Lincoln in the the fancy Jordan Commons theater and had crepes and gelato/sorbet that took me back to Paris in particular), Thanksmas with Grandma C.C. and all the Rushing gang, and even some Black Friday shopping (which didn't start until 12, and hit up like 3 stores). I scored with 2 country cds for 15$, 30% off some potential missionary outfits at downeast and got some cute flats I was in dire need of from Grandma!


Other fun tid bits from Thanksgiving is the fact I finally tried on my own Mother's 80s all the way wedding dress and mimicked her wedding pics and just was ripping on the sleeves and the big bow. It was so funny to everyone- besides my Dad.
I also have fun playing games with the boys. We had our 2nd round of our new tradition of playing ping pong the night before they leave me but we also added a few rounds of pool before.
My Dad locking the keys in the burb after eating Peruvian food and before our supposed trip to Provo was also a hit. It was freezing, we watched the boys dance Gangnam Style (so tired of this song now thanks to them... this obsession also continued into all of winter break), and awaited Grandma C.C. and her car which we would take to Provo to get my spare key to unlock it. What an adventure!
We also hit up the beautiful lights at temple square. It was cold but bareable this time we went! Will and I also had a little photo shoot session.
I finished my History of Creativity shadow boxes! Paris and London with adobe cut letters with my pictures :) Thanks for the idea Pinterest. I have one more smaller box I hope to make for Venice this Summer.
And... I just have so much to be thankful for. Of course my family! You appreciate them more and more every year I feel like and I was so thankful to have the opportunity for them to come down. Also, for my great extended family. I love how we were all able to be together and also to have so much family close by to me when I am on my own in Provo. And this year especially to incredible friends. I feel like I always refer to them as my London friends, but they are truly my best friends. We had seperation anxiety over just Thanksgiving break! Love them all to death. Then BYU! What a great place it is. I love it more and more everyday and am so thankful to be able to really get involved in the BYU life this year, for my awesome ward, and for the awesome Nursing program I just got accepted into. I am also thankful for a car, which makes me thankful for my job, which makes me thankful for my ability to dance. I am thankful for the gospel and the peace the big picture brings to my life and for the guidance it is to me. I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father and for my personal Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ. I am grateful for this time of year to really focus in on what really matters and see how blessed I truly am. As Martina McBride sings, "I Have Been Blessed."











No comments:
Post a Comment