So the party is clearly in Provo and it happens all the time. Mostly, with what I guess you could call the London Ladies and Tradition Tuesday. Ya dig the alliteration? As I mentioned before these London girls are my favorites. We hang out daily and think we are all pretty dang fun. So here is just a crazy post of all the cool things I do instead of studying :)
London Ladies hit up the humor U show at BYU to support our fellow Londoner Trent crack the best jokes of the night!! This guy is hilarious and deserved to feel like a stud with a huge group of girls waiting on him after the show. I love our London outings :)
Lots and lots of girls nights. Which means lots and lots of food. I knew Madeleine would appreciate my homemade pizza rolls (since we spilt a 5 Buck Pizza on like a weekly basis) and we made the best oatmeal, white chocolate, cookie, brownie, whatever it was! While it was in the oven we read the Hottest Men of the Year edition of people magazine. Glad some country men I actually know were represented. And while we enjoyed our dessert, we watch none other than SYTYCD videos! So glad I have friends that dance (Kate) or can appreciate it (everyone else). Next semester Kate and I are going to start weekly dance nights and just go dance our little hearts out in the RB studio. I can't wait.
I also got a 30 minute guitar lesson from Kate. Never tried to play ever before and obviously I don't sing. But you have to admit. For 30 minutes, I got a little something something.
We also had the great breakup scene where I got egged and flour dumped all over me. Don't worry it was my idea, and it was actually fun, until I had to pick egg shells and comb out egg yokes from my hair for the next week. But did I mention we won the video contest by a landslide? We got 1,000 hits on youtube within the first week. Its kinda slowed down since unfortunately but we are currently at about 2,000 now. I only get recognized by strangers when I curl my hair. But it is fun getting approached by people I don't know who saw my video and telling them they can get my autograph :) In case you haven't checked it out yet you can here.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3DUBLoVGtI
I also had such a great dance class this semester. Literally we all became such good friends and I feel like half of that is because it was a smaller class with a more studio feel and then pretty much mostly because everyone was just awesome! It was "contemporary" which ended up being more modern in my opinion which I had a negative attitude about originally but I feel like I learned to appreciate it more and learned alot more that I can help apply to my teaching.
I have been using my All Sports Pass again this year alot and it has been a blast being in a group with all my London besties. We have had fantastic seats every game but like 2 and are always in one of the first few rows. We also got lucky with weather this season. Only one really hot game (had to splurge and get dipping dots to hydrate... I mean frozen water... with sugar haha) and then finally one final cold game when it snowed. We kicked butt so got to sing the fight song alot where I could scream, "We will fight, day or night, rain or SNOW!" The next day my voice was gone. Go figure.
I loved the snow at first. Aka the time it snowed before Thanksgiving. I went shopping with Madeliene and we had to make an exception due to the snow and listen to Christmas music. I wanted to go Christmas shopping but realized it was a little early for that so just bought myself a green coat so I have at least one clothing item to help make my eyes pop :)
Then we also managed to take a quick roomie picture before we all went our separate ways. We literally can go days without seeing eachother. Call it being pre-med, having boyfriends at the same school, and me having a social life for once ha! If we ever are all home we like have a moment of silence. It is kinda a big deal. haha
Then I ended up being on the main committee for BYUSA freeze fest. I was in charge of all the decorations. But here is the catch. I got $0 of the budget. So I got creative. Karina (my awesome friend and the head of the whole, entire, freaking event, did I mention awesome already?) taught me how to make these 3D snowflakes. I made a TON and they take FOREVER. But it was fun to have all the extras to hand out to anyone that came to visit our apartment that wanted one of the other 15 we didn't have room to hang up haha.
Also, they have this huge BYUSA tunnel with a list of tons of stuff you could rent for free. So I signed up to rent anything I sounded like could work and loaded it all in the burb. Here are my center pieces. Lanterns, with white beads, and jingle bells. Am I relief society ready or what?
Then there was this completely special arch that had a lot of issues. But luckily my lovely and beautiful friends Kelsey and Macall voluntereed and helped me wing all the decorations including the broken arch I rented, covered with the lovely star lights, also rented from the mysterious and magical tunnel of brokeness :) The event overall was a success! Did I also mention while setting up the arch we became friends with the DJ so I got to do the "wacky wacky" DJ scratchy thingy! In addition, also got to pose with the Mr. Clause himself and Buddy the Elf. YAY.
Then all the Tradition Tuesdays. This started with a group of way fun girls in an apartment in the Brittany in my ward to celebrate getting into Nursing. We went to Sammys pie shakes which happened to be on a tuesday when it was half off. So we decided we needed an excuse to celebrate... everyweek. Obviously it has grown alot and it happens weekly no matter what. Even the Tuesday before Thanksgiving break when everyone was leaving. We went to Dennys at midnight (Breakfast at Midnight- TSwift reference). Committed.
Also, here is my awesome friend Francesca. She loves country music too so clearly we get along. We also have the same calling and directed ward prayer together where we did the visual illusion of how short my torso is/how long my legs are. She is serving a mission in Czech/Slovak next semester and I will miss her and her roomie Diana who is serving in Brazil dearly.
Also, we mix up tradition tuesday with places other than Sammys (one of my favorite exceptions- awful waffle. Raspberries and cream cheese frosting, nothing better). But what is fun about Sammys is how people like to watch me knock out mine in like 2 minutes. Then we all go to the burb (which we try to pack each week) and have some Burb Bonding while everyone else catches up with me and finishes theres. Call me a human disposal.
Gosh I really need to get off the topic of food but here is something else cool. We set a world record of the worlds longest maple bar and I took a bite out of it (and donated to charity). It was a whole whoppin 1/4 mile long!
I also feel like since I hang out with London people all the time, and we were so use to eating out all the time I eat out alot more. Luckily I have a job that helps makes this more possible. Also, when I come home to a dirty kitchen I really don't want to cook. Its kinda sad. One of these days I will have all clean roomates that wash dishes after the use them. New Years resolution haha
Also, disgusting side note- my skin gets so bad here. Just look at this gross piece of really bad ezcema. Blah. Nasty. It looks better now and is gone. Thanks to cream and some antibiotics.
But despite my ezcema finger, I have been busy going on dates too! It is crazy. All I wanted last year was just a date. Now I just want dates to end early and go put on my sweats and hang out with my friends. Boys are exhausting, especially when they don't communicate with their own roomies. Come on guys. I like how my friend Hayley put it... you get some free food and entertainment to go out with them and be there entertainment by telling them all about yourself, or rather your resume on things that make you sound interesting and worth being someones eternal companion. I love food, but sometimes this interviews, i mean dates, just aren't worth it. So be careful what you wish for, cuz you just might get it as the Pussycat dolls sing. But hopefully after a little break over Christmas I will be refueled and come back to the BYU dating world fresh. haha. We will see....
But as Taylor Swift would say just because she is my bestfriend and because we honored her in our fantastic video, I think I'm having the most fun "like... EVER"










No comments:
Post a Comment