Sunday, January 27, 2013

"We are never, ever, ever getting....(read to find out)"

Ok not gonna lie some of my favorite moments this week were getting more texts from my cousin Alli's email address. She message me first last week and said, "Hi today was the hero assembly and in class I shared that u were my hero" it melted my heart!! Now I get occasionally pictures of hair bows she makes. Totally makes my day, and makes me feel some cousinly love even though none of them are my age. 

So before I confess to all the horrid things I have gone out to eat, let me show you how good I have been. Yummy eggs with spinach, cheese and some leftover pepperoni... mmmmm. Spinach salad with cashews, apples and strawberries Yummmmm. SO HEALTHY. So healthy that I want to DIE and go out to get a Pazookie (white macadamia  nut and chocolate chip cookie with ice cream on it from the Chocolate, aka HEAVEN), or chocolate raspberry shake and fries from the Malt Shoppe, etc. etc. etc.


So Wednesday night I went with some of my girls to see BYU's Phantom of the Opera, which is SOLD OUT for every show. So thanks Kate for being on top of pre-ordering tickets because it was incredible!! These actors were 10x more talented then who we saw in the London West End Cast. I heard it was like  million dollar production and the first time a college has ever done it or at least to this scale. It was so great and I loved recognizing so many of the cast members from my dance classes! :)

 I also wrote some letters. Need to get some guesses from some of my Elder friends on where they think I am going!!
 Also, been improving my french braid skills (ignoring the fact in this pic my sweatshirt is british and not french). Improving enough I wore my hair like this in PUBLIC all day long.
 For FHE we went to the Young's (counselor in bishopric house) and built marshmallow towers, ours was the second tallest. But the best moment was when we burned them all at the end. Talk about some crazy S'mores!
 Oh and then the freezing rain catastrophe. I was inside all day reading textbooks because it was a Thursday where I only have Microbio that night. I took a study break and got on Facebook to see statuses like, "Sidewalk: 4 Me:0" or "Two girls in my class are currently at the ER, school should be canceled." Also, I saw videos of people falling all over campus and a guy literally wearing ice skates with blades and skating around campus. Black ice was everywhere!! It was crazy, it rained like normal I guess but as soon as it hit the ground- ICE. Also, a guy came over to paint our shower and I needed to shower so I went to Macall's she let me shower there and be hygenic. But on the way out I realized our parking lot was a pure sheet of ice. Alivia and I got some chick-fil-a and when she dropped me off we played music and I just slid around- free ice skating rink!!

Also, I guess its on the news everywhere but we have a current Inversion. Apparently, according to Crazy Granny (I called her today- love love love that lady) who is always up on the news said Salt Lake had the worst air to breathe. So hopefully I make it out of this death trap alive.

Then another January birthday!! January is such a depressing month so I am glad I have two great parent's birthdays this month (I had the anti-January talk with some nursing students who went through a break-up as well as all her roomies this month, and grandma about how Buster died.) So on a lighter note with this dreary, cold month, post-holiday cheer, we get to celebrate the birth of my Mom and my Dad. The best people to ever be born (so that the ultimate person could be born....). Just like for my Mom I made a little collage of pics and a corny rhyme So here is mine for my pops!

Even if I am a days journey away, there is a special Happy Birthday I need to say! Today is a day when one of my heroes came to earth, so to my wonderful dad- happy day of birth! Not only are you the hardest worker I know but through the years my appreciation for you only continues to grow. You are so caring- a great bishop and great doctor. And when I have big decisions to make, you're my best life proctor. But mostly you're my dad who's always just a regular call away. And just to make sure I never forget, "I love you" you will always say. Thanks for this life you have given me, the lessons you've taught, and for making me put my nose on the wall when Cass and I fought. Thanks for all the embarrassment, jokes and times I have laughed. P.S. I forgive you for the time you sacrificed me first on that white water raft ;) Love you Dad!! Happy Birthday!!


Nursing is going. Still struggling with Blood Pressure but I can own these genograms, its like doing pedigrees (which I love) but medical ones. I took an intense 10 page health history on my Mom so here is her genogram, and hence mine too!!


I went to the bookstore to pick up a preach my gospel with kels. We really wanted the cute mini size ones. We like small, but both of our phone app Preach My Gospels are too small. There were signs everywhere saying they were backordered. Oh BYU and the mission age change...


So we got the big bulky ones. I guess I only have my cute small quad scriptures, not cute small mini preach my gospel. But that's ok because then I saw another sign- clearly just for me. It said...

"In the words of Taylor Swift: We are never ever ever getting mini preach my gospels. You go talk to church distribution talks to Maureen Porter talks to me. But we are never ever ever ever getting Mini preach my gospels, like ever...."


One more week to brace myself for all the craziness ahead. Next week will be ridiculous. Physiology, Micro and Nursing midterms. Ouch. Oh and rescheduling my Bishops appt again because he is still sick. If I get my papers in before my availability date it will be a miracle haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment