Friday, June 8, 2012

Frozen Friday

A coach day is a good day.. right? That seems to have been my theory... but the weather today proved otherwise. We drove up to Blenheim palace and it was freezing. Had to be in the top most freezing days we have had. I had a scarf and a northface but still froze. We walked around outside super fast, crashed inside the cafe where it was warm to have hot coco (and the best white chocolate and nut cookie ever) and try on the funny jubilee masks :)

We then went really fast to the formal gardens and then not so fast (slowwww tour guide.. so slow we talked about our first impressions of everyone in the prep class) tour of Blenheim palace. It looked like another want to be Versailles. And then after I thought that the tour guide said the same thing! Wow. I must have some smarticles in this brain! :)





After the horrid weather at Blenheim, we went up to Oxford and the rain would not stop!! We were doing another tour of Oxford and it was going to be outside. All of us underdressed folks went into the first shop with souvenir hoodies and grabbed ourselves a layer of warmth. This helped but it was still so cold!!

Oxford was so cool though. I really think it must be quite the experience going there. Especially considering one of their libraries there is the one used in Harry Potter!!!! It is also really neat how Oxford University is made up of a bunch of different colleges that we walked around... in that dreary weather. I also really like their flower tradition, I want to start it at BYU. They are taking their final tests now so when they are taking them they wear a white flower, then when they have one left, a pink. Finally, when they are all done, their friends give them a red flower and spray champagne and all that jazz (we would use Martinellis) to celebrate. Our tour guide said this is because the tests were done, but not yet graded haha!

Our tour guide Marie though was so funny and cute! Favorite tour guide of this whole experience so I finally thought it was worth getting a picture of a blue badger (blue badge tour guide) since she was too funny!










Then we got back on the coach and were off to Stonehenge... we thought. Despite being the whole joke, the weather was literally so bad we couldn't make it up there. Luckily we saw it already (on the way to Chawton) but it would of been nice to go back and get out and let it sink in and take some great pics. So while there is no photo evidence, I have seen this world wonder.

We then came back to the centre where I realized I did not just leave my oyster card and credit card (in the same tube sleeve) at home. I looked everywhere and I must have grabbed it on my way in a hurry and dropped it somewhere. I literally searched this place high and low. With some help from my loving parents I was able to cancel the credit card.

Natalie also seems to have some extra oysters cards for her own past misplacement so that helps knowing I don't have to pay for the card again and just the top ups instead. I also have to pay back everyone the weird amounts we owe each other for the hotels in Venice and needed to get cash anyways. So until my money comes through my debit card, I lived off the pound seventy six I found from looking through everything for my credit card. I felt bad owing anyone else more money this close to the end of the trip that I used that pound and went and got myself a bottle of milk. I have some cereal left over here at the centre so that was my yummy dinner! haha

I also got to talk to Chan a bit tonight and that was fun! Can't wait to get home and see everyone, it seems so close. It is really hard what to think these last few days though. Study? Or see everything? Be excited to go home? Or be sad and never want to leave? A lot to sort out but I hope it all goes good. I am sure it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment