Today was no class but on site classes and the main attraction of the day was the Tower of London. This started with seeing this oh so friendly looking mime.
At the tower we were off on our own to tour in rainy London and see the crown jewels, the bloody tower and then off to get lunch on our own after until we needed to meet back at tube station. I also loved the Tower Bridge and its blue accents. Best color ever. Hands down. Random Fun Fact: The London Bridge is actually in Arizona now, so this is different :)
Also, I was so excited to see my first guard today! I didn't want to have to wait to see them at the palace to take a picture. When I did turn around to take this picture with him though in the background he started stomping and clicking his gun. Scared the living delights out of me but hey-- I got my picture! My goal of this entire trip and top of my bucket list is to make a guard laugh. So I am really going to try to be on my A game for being funny around them.
Also, more blue around the tower on these doors! LOVE it. There is also a myth that when the ravens all fly away the tower (or Britain) will fall so they cut all the ravens wings so they couldn't. So here is a raven I saw there too.
So for our first free lunch, I had to try fish and chips. We found these reasonable cheap deal for 7.50 pounds for fish and chips with soda and ice cream. Not too bad but I want to try Mr. Fish which is near the London Centre because I heard they are really good there!
However, the ice-cream was a different story. Kate swore this cream of cornish ice-cream tasted like corn, Macall seemed pretty neutral, Kelsey said it was like a super creamy vanilla bean, and I said it tasted like frozen circus peanuts! So far anything about corn is now a joke.
Then once we met up with the group again, we had our second London walks (Note to self: still need to do that write up and the last one's). This was the Londimium walk around what was left of the remaining Roman walls.
Our walk then ended at the Museum of London where we were free to tour on our own and then leave and venture off whenever we were done. Being exhausted and being a museum, I didn't stay for very long. Todays walk is the longest they said and it was raining and honestly, I am still a little jet lagged.
So here is an improved phone booth picture. This one was worthy enough to make the Facebook profile pic cut even. Maybe the next one will be any better because the rain won't ruin my hair and force me to braid it back into a wimpy single french braid where all my layers fall out haha!
We then stopped to get a snack on the way back to the center and I got some carrot cake and hot chocolate. I was impatient and had a sip too soon and burned my tongue which is always a total waste when you want to enjoy the rest of your hot chocolate you bought.
After dinner, I headed to the Burger King on Queensway and started uploading this blog posts pictures while I skyped my Mom! So good to see her and have some communication with the fam back in the States.
On the way home I got my first gelato milkshake. It was a blend of nutella with some other kind that had all this carmel and chocolate stuff in it. So bomb. But on the way to that, it was obviously a Friday night because the streets were packed. I was with Kelsey and Alex when this one guy pointed at us and said, "Shizzla ooolala." I guess its safe to say the Brits maybe do like American girls, even if it was German he was cussing at us in. haha!
So now back at the center. Socialized with a bunch of the gang in the parlor for a bit and now blogging. Its only 9 but I am so exhausted and have so much reading I need to do. So much reading that I am banking on nothing more exciting happening tonight. Yes its Friday and I am not going out... in London. Crazy. Then again, I guess I have gone out the other two nights so far and will be out tomorrow so might as well take a breather to catch up.
Cheers!
P.S. Almost got killed and hit by a double decker bus today. Apparently they have the ultimate right away here in London. But if you are going to go out in London, thats how! haha And don't worry, I look both ways before crossing the street ;)




No comments:
Post a Comment