So as if it wasn't enough to be left behind as my family goes off to cruise Mexico, I got to be quarantined to be bed for the last 48 hours. Why you may ask? Well that is what I was asking myself with the headache and sore throat until it hit me I might have strep. Since the health clinic was closed by the time of this realization, I decided to self treat. Grabbed some tylenol and then got some popsicles and cough drops from the creamery.
Then the next morning, being the big girl that I am now, I called to set up my own appointment at the doctors as soon as I could get in. Luckily they had a cancelation for an 11:00 appointment so I was going to miss dance (as if I could dance anyways!) and then had to walk my sick self to the clinic. That was fun.
In case you sensed the sarcasm there, I actually got something beneficial from going to the clinic. I got to be weighed and for the middle of the day with shoes and a jacket on, and still no Freshmen 15 for this girl! (Although I lost 15 lbs first semester, now I put back on some more with dance- you know how much those delts can weigh!!) I also got to see a nurse practitioner which was way cool since she did everything the doctor would do! She swabbed me then I went to the lab to get tested and sneaked a peak at my results on the way back. Strep Test A- Positive. Wooohooo! I actually was slightly excited because at least that meant meds!!
Then, also being the big girl that I am, I went to the pharmacy to pick up my own medication. (Which is now $7 without insurance charged to my route Y account Mom and Dad if you want to get that insurance info... so maybe I am not that big!)
Then it was back to bed. I like slept on and off for like four hours until I realized I still had to give my final oral presentation in English. Luckily, I think I got some sympathy points from my professor and she even emailed me after saying I did a good job so that was good! On the way back I treated myself to a Jamba (I was starvinggggg!) Coldbuster hoping that all that "Vitamin C" make actually make a difference. Then back to bed.
So now from being in bed I am both behind (need to make up a dance class and reviewing for chem) and ahead (in desperate housewives, blogging, reading the book of mormon- just finished reading it for the 3rd time! Well, need to go back to like 6 chapters in Alma my class last semester didn't get to!)
So hope my family is safe and having fun because I am sick and stressed :) Luckily today I am no longer contagious, starting to feel slightly better, and am going up to see Zorro with grandma and grandpa :) What is inconvenient though is now I have to come back Friday morning just because I need to go to dance cuz I already missed yesterday for being sick and am running out of time to make up 2 days!! So to make the hassle of this more productive, I think grandma C.C. is letting me drive her car back down to provo Friday morning so I can go to classes and then take a load of my stuff back up that afternoon. Getting a head start on packing will be nice for sure! Can't believe last day of classes is next Wednesday, then finals, then rushing to pack and catch a flight home then turn around to catch another flight to London! Holy craziness... But on the plus! I am not contagious!!! :)
Going to try to make it to my classes today. I woke up really early on my own today (8 a.m. haha) and still have an hour and a half left till Chem. Luckily its Thursday and I just have 3 back to back classes then a chem review so I am just going to try push through it.
Mexico sure sounds nice right now.

What a big grown up you have become!!! :)
ReplyDeleteIt just goes to show what being out on your own can do!
Glad you got the meds you needed and feeling better now.
Such fun to have you here for Grace's baptism. We love that you can spend some of your weekends with us!
London will be wonderful and soon finals will be over and you will be off traveling this wonderful world of ours!
We would have barely been able to enjoy ourselves at the pool on the ship if we had known you were sick while we were away!!!! Glad you are feeling better and aced that Chem test! And hey, big girl, what did you do with the insurance card I gave you to take to college???
ReplyDeleteMexico....meh.
ReplyDeleteLondon...yes.
Your blog is cute. See ya tomorrow :)