Thursday, November 3, 2011

Parents Weekend!

BYU hosted a Parents weekend two weekends ago and my parent's got to come down for it! After a stressful week (yet again) I was very happy to see them! We meet up in the Book Store before my first class, where I let my Dad know the sweatshirt I wanted him to buy for me was already on hold!
Luckily my dad didn't buy this shirt until the end of the trip, otherwise going to class with my parent's and that shirt might have been a little too much to handle. I think my parent's really enjoyed my chemistry class because of my awesome, nerdy, obsessed with chemistry professor aka future Layton. Then in-between that class and American Heritage I normally study and my parent's had all these plans! So why they did the art museum, I studied in the library then meet up. My last class was my smaller american heritage lab so it was very obvious I was with my parents, which were the only parents but it wasn't too bad! Except them looking over my shoulder during the whole quiz (which I luckily only missed one!). We got a tour of the student athlete building, behind the scenes, which was so awesome! I also learned I should find a way to sneak into the student athlete building to study because lets face it, the selection in the library is just not cutting it! haha Then that night was a parent's weaken luau with a pep rally and of course... Cosmo!

After the luau we meet up with Alyssa and her parents after I got stocked up on some groceries (apparently my parents were a little concerned I went 2 weeks in a row without a single fruit or veggie!). We went haunted ziplining, which turned out to be 5 lines in the dark! It was super fun because you didn't know if you were gonna hit a branch or not and then the game of guessing on when to break was fun too! I always stopped right in front of the platform but the last one I finally got it right!
The next morning my mom guilted me in to running another 5k with my dad that started early in the morning, for bonding time. Yet, we ran our own race so I was just tired! However, I cut down about 2 minutes from my last 5k so that was good!
Then there was another parents weekend event, the tailgating party, before the game. We also got to see BYU's a cappella group perform, Vocal Point, who are currently contestants on the TV show The Sing off. They were way awesome and surprisingly, mostly single!

Then it was game time! Alyssa and I got really close seats but eventually both went up to join our parents in the nose bleeds that weren't quite as enthusiastic to stand the whole game in the student section! It was hilarious when my dad finally sung the fight song. I think his loyalty to the U and support for his daughters school is starting to conflict a bit :) 



The game was a total blow out and it was so hot outside we left a little early and went to Grandma C.C.'s house in Salt Lake. There I did my laundry. No duh! So far I have successful planned by Salt Lake trips so I have yet to do my laundry here on campus! We caught a movie (Footloose- so good!) then meet up with Gavin and Heather for dinner at this delicious fine dining place in our sweatshirts and jeans! I ordered some delicious pink snapper, and I honestly think its safe to say I have a talent in ordering! Then it was Sunday so my parents got to go to my ward to sacrament then had to leave to catch their flight (and miss my sunday school lesson- whew!) Luckily the goodbyes weren't too hard since I was flying home in 5 days for Will's baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment