All that was standing between me and the Taylor Swift concert was a Human Development Midterm. Once I got that over with (96% i might add, 98% with the curse, score!) it was go time!! I learned how to navigate Trax which was super exciting and will be useful in the future! I am now able to get to Salt Lake with only one transfer for only 5$. So Brooke and I took the tax straight to Energy Solutions and back to a stop near my grandma C.C.'s where she picked up up for the night!
Taylor Swift was awesome! She literally puts on a performance, not a concert. She has costume changes, sets and stunts like no other. It was so exciting to see her for the second time since her first concert was also my first concert which has addicted me to concerts ever since! Some of the highlights (there were a lot) would probably include playing Our Song on the banjo with the set of Mean, singing a mash up of Fearless with Hey Soul Sister and I'm Yours on the ukelele, dancers flying down from huge bells on ropes, Taylor getting into a balcony that lifted up and went around all the top level and snow like confetti falling in Back to December, real confetti falling in We Will Be Remembered and of course, fireworks in Sparks Fly. I absolutely adore Taylor Swifts ability to write songs with creative wording that capture emotions as well as her humble personality. Which is probably why I literally cried when she came on stage and when she left, because you could just tell she was so happy and honored to be where she was at. So my Swift Syndrome diagnosis is back on full blast! I even had to pull out a few more of my posters of her since one was just not enough!
So Human Development midterm Tuesday, T-Swift Wednesday, back to Provo Thursday and then back to Grandma C.C.'s Friday with Alyssa for conference weekend!
Uncle Bobby was back in Provo for a work meeting and got tickets to the game friday night so luckily he was able to give us a tax free ride up to Grandmas for conference. Alyssa and I were not looking forward to being cooped up in our dorm for conference so enjoyed getting up to Salt Lake. Grandma C.C. was a great host and we had a lot of fun! We watched Saturday morning and then recorded the afternoon session because we went grocery shopping (yay! shrimp! fresh fruit!), to the movie to see Abduction (Taylor Lautner.... enough said) and Zupas for lunch!!! We also got to do a load of laundry which is always nice! Thanks to this visit and my visit to Salt Lake on Labor Day weekend, I have yet to do laundry on campus so thank you both grandmas! :) Then Sunday was a conference marathon! In between morning and afternoon we watched the recorded session from Saturday in-between so that makes 6 straight hours! Alyssa and I were snoozing through all of Sunday afternoon! Besides my nap time though, I got a lot out of conference and even took notes on my own. My parents would be so proud!
Then this last week was my two final midterms! I got an 88% on Book of Mormon and then an 89% for American Heritage (one of the highest scores, so I have a very comfortable A right now in that class yesssss). I also got back my paper for Human Development, 99% baby! I rock that class! And American Heritage! But chemistry and nutrition.... lets not go there. haha Also my apologies because according to Alyssa all I talk about is school! However, thats all I do so cut me so slack, I have no social life.
This weekend my Friday was pretty bumping. I stayed in my dorm, finished all my chemistry problems from the week and then watched 2 Desperate Housewives episodes with Alyssa and went to bed at 10. What is funny is we went to bed early on the weekend when we stay up till 1 or 2 on weeknights. Yet I was determined to get all the sleep I could get because somehow my room mates talked me into running a 5k the next morning. You have to understand how out of shape I am. Yes, thanks to my nutrition class I am eating healthier but without dance 3-5 hours a day I don't exercise. At all. Then I hate running on top of it so I was very nervous. Yes, I took a long stretch of a walking break but I didn't do too shabby! Total Time was 32 minutes and I averaged a little over a 10 minute mile. I placed 12th in my age group and then 112th overall and about 260 people were running. After the race I came back to the dorm, showered and ate brownies. Then planned my lesson for tomorrow.
I thought I was going to hate my calling so much as a Sunday School teacher but I am loving it! I get so much more out of the lesson. Tomorrow I am talking about being justified through faith in Jesus Christ from Romans and get to talk about mercy and justice (Les Mis!!). I also did my weekly chore rotation with the roomies which this week was sweeping our gross kitchen floor, or as Alyssa and I say it (quoting Kid History episode 6- watch it on youtube!) dross. Then I went to the creamery to get some food for the week! I had to had to had to get some hot chocolate due to the abrupt change in weather here! Also looking through cookbooks is so depressing because of all the ingredients things require. Yet I think I got a pork stir fry and some shrimp pasta figured out for this week so looking forward to something other than Mexican (tacos, quesadillas, taco soup, etc.). Later football game tonight so gotta bundle up! It is freezing out there!
Next week shouldn't be too bad! A huge essay for Human Development and then an essay for American Heritage but this week is my one week without any tests till some of my second midterms start up again. Time is flying by!



Of course we are proud of you! For so many reasons too. You are doing so great keeping on top of things at school, keeping your priorities straight and taking advantage of all the spiritual learning opportunites you have there. Taylor Swift sounded amazing! Wishing now I had gone to see her while she was here. Sooooo looking forward to seeing you next week! Oh, and you know how proud I am that you are BLOGGING!!!!!!
ReplyDelete