Sunday, September 18, 2011

You're Welcome

Hey everyone! I have had requests from many to make a blog, so give me props, I did. However, I can not guarantee how up to date it may be considering I take too long to even post pictures on Facebook according to my mother!

So I start week 4 tomorrow and it will be my busiest week yet! I have 2 essays and 2 exams which I have to go down to the scary testing center to take! :o I am applying to the nursing program this February which is EXTREMELY prestigious here so I have to stress a lot about getting good grades so I have hardly had enough time to do anything besides the daily reading and assignments, let alone find time to just study! So I spent my Friday night by myself in my dorm room trying to work ahead on at least Monday and Tuesdays assignments. Wish me luck.

So far the experience has been a blast, wish I had time for more of a social life which I was planning on having in college but gotta have my priorities straight if I want to get into nursing here. I am taking Human Development (love my professor, love the content, just ALOT of reading and concepts and hard essays), American Heritage (the dreaded class here that I actually don't mind that much), Chemistry 101 (lots of work but at least it is easy for the most part, dreading bio organic though), Nutrition (my evening class that will, I repeat WILL be the death of me) and then Book of Mormon (my favorite! love love love it!).

I've been out a few times with some new friends I have made but for the most part I only get out for sporting events, such as the University of Utah game which I am currently mourning over and will not discuss.

Also, my mom said I would die because I can't cook but I actually am still alive, you see I am posting on here. Thanks to my nutrition class, the only good thing I might get out of it, is that I am not buying unhealthy food! Which if you know me, is a miracle! However, I feel really stupid making food for one person and then living off leftovers but hey, it works! Also, trying to get in every food group as a college student (like actual food groups, not different flavors of top ramen) is pricey!!! Then again, without a car I only have access to the little over priced creamery groceries.

For the most part, photos up to this point of my college experience are on my Facebook college photo album, "This is Y." I hope you all appreciate the creativity behind this album and blog title because I spent weeks laying in bed this summer before falling asleep trying to think of something catchy enough.

Well hopefully in my next post, whenever that may be, I will be fancy and include photos. You guys should just be thankful I am taking a break from writing my really exciting essay to make my first blog post! I will try to keep everyone updated.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! You made me a happy mommy by doing this! It was so great to read all about your life there. Keep it up girl. You will never regret having all this documented. Can't wait for the next post!

    ReplyDelete